View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser123
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisers
Cruiser 123. Before I dig out my info I just want to make sure we are on the same cruise. There are 2 different cruises. One goes to Istanbul and one goes to Venice. We were on the Venice cruise. If you are on the Venice cruise I will be glad to share info. Let me know.
We're on the Carnival Freedom, August 2nd. Starts in Civitavechhia (Rome), then goes to Naples, Venice for 2 days, Messina, Barcelona, Cannes, and Livorno.
My suggestion is to do your shopping in Livorno. I bought a pair of shoes there for 35 Euros the same shoes in Venice were 79 Euros. Livorno is more a shipping town so the regular italian people shop there. Also if you are not doing a Shore x in Venice I would suggest getting a Venice Card. The orange venice card includes unlimited use of water buses and entrance to some musuems while the Blu Venice card includes unlimited use of water buses but a discount to the museums. Here is the website to buy the card http://www.hellovenezia.com/jsp/en/venicecard/index.jsp. We ordered it on line and picked it up at the train station near the water bus stop.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994