Thread: QM2 Cabins
View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Familiar Face

Hello Again (or should I say Bonjour),

I am writing this from a hotel room in Paris, Ron won 2nd prize in a fancy dress competition at our local British Legion. He went as John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever (white suit and all) but got beaten by
a Tina Turner look alike, still the 2nd prize was a 2 day Eurostar break to Paris so here we are, we have spent all day sight seeing and visiting the Louvre.

Must move on as this is a cruise forum and not ex servicemans. We have now had confirmation of our Hamburg trip (4th deck mid ships) and are on a table for 8 with Fried Eggs and Harriet cannot wait to see who the other 4 are. If anybody reading this is on the same trip why not try to book on our table?

Ron is now polishing up on his German,he does like to impress the locals when we arrive in port - he once learned several sentences in Norwegian for a previous trip we went on - including ' My herring is not fresh' which he actually managed to get into a conversation. I am busy sorting my evening wear as I like to dress for the shows in The Royal Court etc, our trip is only 2 months away and the time flies by, we will be on board before we know it.

I have called Wilhelm and arranged to meet him in the bar of the Vier Jahrezeiten Hotel at 11 am - everybody is invited and we look forward to meeting other travellers there. We will be wearing our Cunard Gold Pins so you will recognise us easily - why not come and say hello.

Love and Kisses

Cynthia