View Single Post
  #40 (permalink)  
Old May 29th, 2008, 04:12 PM
FL_Cruiser64's Avatar
FL_Cruiser64 FL_Cruiser64 is offline
Senior Member
First Mate
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 453

Originally Posted by PH8
I would think a faxed copy of the certificate with a raised seal wouldn't have been enough.......after all, the seal doesn't "raise" on a copy...

Since your TA wasnt on the ball,you should had gone to to read up on what you needed(PLUS it does tell you in your cruise docs)..

You see it really is no one's fault but your own,that you didnt have the right documents.......Take that 75% off and run with are very lucky to get that

Before Leaving Home:
Please take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the required travel documents you will be asked to provide prior to boarding the ship. Caution: The requirements described below are required by government regulations and policies. They are subject to change without notice.

It is the sole responsibility of the guest to identify and obtain all required travel documents and have them available when necessary. These appropriate valid travel documents such as passports, visas, inoculation certificate and family legal documents are required for boarding and re-entry into the United States and other countries.

Guests who do not possess the proper documentation may be prevented from boarding their flight or ship or from entering a country and may be subject to fines. No refunds will be given to individuals who fail to bring proper documentation.

Sea Travel Only (before June 1, 2009)
For domestic travel which includes: the Bahamas, Bermuda, Canada, the Caribbean and Mexico, a Passport (valid or expired), valid U.S. Passport Card or State or Provincial Enhanced Drivers License is highly recommended.

In the absence of a Passport, U.S. Passport Card or State or Provincial Enhanced Drivers License (when available - this secure drivers license will denote identity and citizenship) or any other Department of Home Land Security approved Identification / Citizenship document(s), a birth certificate (original or certified copy), plus a laminated picture ID card including photo, name and date of birth issued by a federal, state, or local government agency is required.

U.S. and Canadian citizen children ages 18 and under will be expected to present a birth certificate issued by a federal, state, provincial, county or municipal authority.

Baptismal paper and hospital certificates of birth are not acceptable.

A voter registration card or Social Security Card are not considered to be proof of citizenship.

For U.S. Naturalized citizens, in the absence of a passport, Naturalization papers (either original or notarized copy) plus a laminated picture ID card issued by a federal, state, or local government agency is required.
Pretty darn clear.

Reply With Quote