View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

I used to use the BC I got from Leon County Memorial Hospital. it was fancy and had my little foot prints on the back. When I took my kids one time without their mom the lady at the counter politely told me that is not an official BC and with a smile gave us our cards and said have a great cruise. The next time I had the "Certified Copy"

Now I have a passport but kids still do not but I do have the certified copies for them. It has also been advised here and there to have a note from the absent parent that gives permission to take them. I am divorced but they are my kids, look like me and we have the same last name. I have never been asked for that letter and quit bringing it. Now my kids are also Diamond members.

If there is anyone that should have been responsible, I would start with your TA. Knowing it was your first cruise, she should have walked you through this step and even asked to see your documents. I would have!

I don't think it was ever mentioned but since you mention Bahamas and you are on the RCI board, I have to assume Sovereign from PC since you drove. You also mention a weekend. Was this only a 3 day cruise?? Then the money lost was not too bad. Hope you had a good weekend on the beach anyway. I would have found the closest bar and started drinking hard! 8)
Dave the Wave AKA- Diamond Dave

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08