View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2008, 02:19 PM
Admiral

Default When it rains, it pours

My daughter had an appointment with her allergist today. She has been suffering for a long time with allergy symptoms. She was being tested for different things to see what she is allergic to. Besides dust mites and dogs, she is allergic to CATS. She called me crying her eyes out. Our cat, Soccer, is her BFF. They are inseparable when she's home, which is now all the time since she's graduated. Her first question was--do we have to get rid of the cat? I asked her what she wanted to do and of course the answer was NO, we are not getting rid of the cat!! (she told the doctor the same thing) The doctor gave her some medication and nasal spray to help with the symptoms and a book about cat allergies.

In my attempt to make her feel better, I said "at least you're not allergic to Josh (her boyfriend)". She said she would rather be allergic to Josh instead of the cat, since she likes the cat better.

I told my daughter that we would THOROUGHLY clean her room of all cat fur. Then the cat is no longer allowed in her room.

With the weekend I had, this is just the icing on the cake. (I hope)

Here is a photo of my daughter and her BFF.