View Single Post
Old June 15th, 2008, 07:28 AM
Admiral

Todd your posts always make me smile! Soon you are on your cruise, I hope that you have such a great time with Fran.
I am actually home, for the first time in days. I cannot tell you the relief that I feel when I walk home even if it is only to clean, change beds, do wash and get more clothes and get re aquanted with what my DS and Sam look like!
My mother is stable right now, with a liver biopsy for Monday which will show if chemo could help shrink her tumors enough to then do surgery. Right now it is to large and near major blood vessels to be of any benifit. ( the surgery that is ).
I took my sister to see my mother and that made her happy. She will go again tomorrow with some friends. Remember that the hospital is 2 hrs 20 minutes from my home and and 1 hr and 10 Min from my mothers home. There are of course hospitals closer by to her,and they do run of the mill cancers but she needs much higher level care, price you pay for living in the boonies.
Monday I hope the biopsy will go well because I really want to come home Tuesday for a night so I can attend my DS grad from college. I am hoping for this. When I spoke to the nurse she said she passed the night fine, some throwing up, but over all, much better than hours away from death last week. May God forgive me for saying this, but I hope for her it wont be these roller coaster ups and downs of acute emergencies followed by chronic difficult times, if she is to pass away, it would be nice if some one could do so in our family with out all the complications. You know you got a problem when the palliative care nurse knows you on a friendly warm first name basis. She knows that our goal in the end is to have her home and care for her till she passes. This may sound grosse to some, but where I am from death is part of life and we are used to it being at home if possible and wanted by the patient. We don't want a "medical" death. Drugs yes, not medical!
My pups sure are happy to see me! My friend has been coming in every day 1-2 times a day to give them some loving which they need.
The Netherlands won another game Friday for the Euro, I did not come in the door for even five minutes and my DS had a a Dutch flad attatched to the car.
Well better get back to laundry and the dishwasher, its a hot hazy humid day and that makes cleaning a little harder, starting late at night and early morning now should help.

I wish every one a happy fathers day, treasure each day as they come, life is a gift not to be wasted.