View Single Post
Old June 18th, 2008, 09:33 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Port Docking Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2vacation63
I am thinking about scheduling an excursion through Shoretrips in Belize. Our itinerary shows our ship, Enchantment of the Seas, docking at 8AM. The excursion is set to begin at 9AM Local Time and Shoretrips notes that I need to check the ships time to determine what time zone its on. I don't see anywhere on the Royal Caribbean site about docking times being listed in a particular time zone, so does anyone know if the port arrival times on the intinerary are set to the local times of the port? Also, since this port requires us to tender, will I have enough time to meet my 9AM excursion time since I understand they take you in groups on the tender and Royal Caribbean apparently gives priority to passengers who have scheduled their excursions with them? Since this is our first cruise I have no idea how long the tendering process takes.

Thanks!!!!
We had the same issue last year. Our excursion with cave-tubing.com was at 8:30am. The 8am docking time is ship time (it was with us at least) so we docked, technically at 7am Belize time. I was in contact with Yoni the day before that via e-mail and he said not to worry. They'll be there.

Most operators rely on your business. You won't be left behind.

RCI is also very good with giving a hand to those who do not have RCI excursions booked. Just be at the tender area early, very early and tell one of the security guys from RCI (who handle the tender operation) that you have an early excursion. Bring a confirmation with you. They may not let you out first thing but they slipped us eventually in with the RCI excursion tendering people. Just be patient. Tender operations started at 8:20am ship time (7:20am Belize time). We waited for about 30 minutes and were off the ship by 9am (ship time/8am Belize time). The tendering is long, somewhere around 20 minutes. We made it in time though without hassle.

Here is a tip for you though. I was warned by cave-tubing.com that I may be lured to other tour operators who sometimes place misleading signs. Under no circumstance go with a tour operator until you get to your meeting point. In my case I was almost "high jacked".
I requested quotes from other companies and even though I told each one of them that I made my decision in favor of another company there was a company holding a sign with my name up. I walked right up to them (disregarding the previous warnings) but realized at the very last moment that it was a company I requested a quote from but told "no".

Have fun. Out of experience I can tell you: do not sweat it. You be fine.