Thread: It's Thursday!
View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Weather is being a pain here ....rain on tap for the next week I guess. Baptism has been postponed until tonight...let see if we have a break in the weather to allow it.

Yesterday got stuff done at church, probably because the lightening took out one phone line...so limited calls! The phone company fixed it just as I had to leave. Had to get prescription filled and go to a retirement party at the school I used to work at. The head lunch lady retired. She is a nice woman that I have known for my entire life. Her daughter was in my grade at school. While I still worked at the school her husband passed away from liver complications due to a medicine he was given. There was a huge lawsuit from the families of all the people that passed away from this one medicine - all from the same liver complications. After all these years the case has been setteled and last week she received the news that she was now a millionaire plus. At age 63 she decided she did not need to be a lunch lady any longer! She is a member of our church. I assured her that I would make sure she kept busy by doing fun things like going out to lunch and road trips and such. She is a lot of fun to be with.

Today is work, and then home and more work and the baptism. I sound like a broken record. Oh, and try to figure something out for supper - I had that task. I think they are gonna get something easy, like eggs. And I refuse to feel guilty about it. They never let me know what they would really enjoy eating, and I am sick of thinking up stuff to eat.

Hope you all have a good day!

Hope all our Mates in the middle part of our country start drying out soon!
What a mess it is there. Heartbreaking really!