View Single Post
Old July 1st, 2008, 09:07 PM
First Mate

Default Ready to go!

With less than three weeks to departure, I'm really primed to go! After many cruises with many different lines, I realized that I'm primarily an adventure cruiser [although I do admit a weakness for the amenities on a luxury line like Crystal]. I enjoy experiencing exotic wonders both natural and cultural, and this trip offers the best of both.

Russia has so many unique historical and artistic treasures. With planned excursions to Moscow's Metro, the Bolshoi and the Kremlin; religious sites like the Church of St. Dmitry, Church of the Epiphany, Belozersky Monastery, Preobranzhenskaya; palaces like Catherine's, St. Petersburg's summer and winter palaces and the Peterhof water palace, performances of the ballet, circus and opera - I feel like I'm sampling the best of the best. I took a Black Sea cruise a few years ago and saw the highlights of Odessa and Yalta, but it was nothing like this. Add to that a glimpse of modern Russia with a total eclipse in Novosibirsk, and I really feel like I've found a winner. Who cares if the cabin is cramped and the food is so-so? I survived with a water and bucket shower in Indonesia and wild game for dinner in Africa. This will be another adventure!