Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrangi
Quote:
Originally Posted by meercatmom
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurseypoo5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deakon
I sympathize with this kid, not that I endorse under age drinking but half this board is about getting cheaper drinks/sneaking booze on board. You can't tell someone drinking isn't worth it when its everywhere and everyone does it and is a huge part of cruise life for the majority of cruisers..
actually I CAN tell someone its not that big a part of the cruise. I was one of those "how can i sneak booze on board" folks. And sneak i did. As many on here who went with me can attest, i had 1 drink from my stash...3 small bottles and 2 stayed sealed. My sign and sail drink bill was under 50.00.

What many are trying to say is, many THINK its going to be a huge part of the "party" but i personally found it unnecessary in my pursuit of happiness. If anything the few i had were relaxing on the deck (besides that first one as you board) and the silly coconut monkey drink, cuz well it was a silly coconut monkey.

I think i would have missed a lot of fun and relaxation being snockered.
I too agree! I spent more at the coffee bar than on alcohol. I think if I bought one set of drink coupons for myself, I would last the whole cruise! I am in search of one great banana daquirie!
I felt exactly the same way. My biggest problem was trying to find the right time to drink. I wanted to have a buzz but it seemed there was always something to do. If I drank and went to a show, I would become very sleepy... I didn't want to drink while gambling, (I make enough donations sober)
I wasn't about to drink while actually in Mexico. I love my country and I wanted to make it back in one piece.
Hey, I can drink with the best of them, but there just wasn't time to drink and enjoy the cruise...! 8)
Oh come on now! COFFEE? I'm 22 and am excited that I'm over 21 so that I can drink! Nighttime dancing in the clubs, relaxing and partying... I can't wait! I can understand people for saying that there are other ways to have fun without drinking (totally true), but I can't understand people not even able to understand a 17 year-old's honest question. Come on now... you're not that old, are you? Think back! Young people stay up ALL NIGHT, not just for the 8pm shows. The last time I went on a cruise I was 16 and let me say it is a bit tough being part of the young adult but underage group. I never thought of drinking when I was 16, but I loved dancing, and even then I had a tough time being able to get into the dance scene because of my age.