View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

I can see that it is a right of passge as a youth to want to drink until your sick and turn green. I was never that way, perhaps it was because 50% of my family on my father side were alcoholics and I really didn't want to go down the route they did! I did sow my wild oats as a legal adult, but I never allowed myself to lose control of what I did, loosen up, yes, but lose control no...

I bought a bottle of rum in Jamaica in 1991 and decided that it did no good sitting my my cupboard, so I gave it to our silent auction and someone paid $20 for it. After 16 years, I had no desire to drink it. Even the bottle of Big Apple Bacardi I bought last year in San Juan is still 75% full. I did take a shot or two and add it to a bottle of sprite/seven-up, but I can't say as I have a desire to drink it. I also have a bottle of spiced rum I bought for rum balls a few years back that has 75% of the bottle left and no desire to drink it at all....

Drinking isn't all that it is cracked up to be, I know since many of the men on my dad's side of the family are drunks and after seeing one too many drunken parties (I wasn't a teenager yet) my mom was smart and we saw less and less of them to keep the influence away...Needless to say my brother and I took after the sensible French side of the family instead of the rowdy Ukrainian!!!!!!

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....