Old July 15th, 2008, 12:43 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonTodd
Quote:
Originally Posted by mehawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy2005
Well I appreciate all the help. The advice really did help because I had to break it to my husband that he can't wear jeans in the dining room, and he needs to go buy slacks. I even gave him the link to the Royal Caribbean oage that described what is "formal," "smart casual," and "casual." He was not happy, but he could probably use some slacks!
Another one I don't understand... <shaking head> why is it so tough to dress up somewhat??
Because ... some ... of ... us ... don't ... feel ... comfortable ... dressed ... up. I have to dress up for work...
HoustonTodd, I think I'm in love with you...

Not so much that I think dressed up is ugly - but... I work at home, if I'm wearing shoes I am dressed up, if you get my drift.

I'm not sure everyone can relate to this, but I think "dressed up" varies according to where you live. Here in the Michigan UP - very rural to be sure -- the nicest restaurant is happy to see you if you look clean (and pay your bill). Hey, you all that want to dress to kill wouldn't look so good if it wasn't for the comparison to the rest of us, right?!

Golden Princess 8/30/2008 -- 1st cruise but not the last!