View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

Isn't it amazing how more and more "amenities" are added to a ship where the passengers can be charged extra? I am fairly new to cruising,,first was in 2004, but things keep getting added and prices keep going up (prices would be expected, its the "extras"). Fuel surcharges,,more restaurants where you pay (and pay more then 4 years ago) and now private cabanas for those that are worthy of such amenities,,and the heck with those to us that don't want to pay extra.

I guess I am must venting in order to agree with the post above this one. I don't do pools, I don't care about cabanas, but I do like sitting in the Lido area and have a burger and watch the world go by outside. Guess in 2 weeks I'll have to learn to go somewhere else because I am not ever going to rent a cabana.

Are these cabanas always there or do they get put up when people ask for them? My last cruise had a great sendoff, drinking party by the Lido and the place was jammed. Guess that would not be able to happen now since there seems to be no more room there.
HAL Eurodam 2008
CCL Paradise upcoming 2010