View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Weather/Clothing for Spring Transatlantic Cruise

Jackie Robison,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
My DH and I are scheduled to take a Transatlantic cruise beginning on April 25, 2009 and were wondering: what kinds of clothing to take, and what kind of weather to expect? Our ports will be Ponta Delgada, Azores, Vigo, Spain, Paris, France and finally London. What with airline restrictions regarding weight in both in the U.S. and Britain, we dont' want to carry anything too heavy and we don't want to dress too warm/too cool. Any advice would be appreciated.
At that time of year, i would bring two or three sweaters and a waterproof spring/fall jacket. If you get an exceptionally cool day, you can wear the jacket over a sweater. Just make sure that one of the sweaters will coordinate with each of your daytime outfits.

Gents probably will want to wear slacks during the daytime as well as in the evening for most of the cruise, so bring four or five pairs. Two pairs of shorts probably will be enough, as it's unlikely that you'll want to wear shorts after the third or fourth day. Ladies who prefer to wear skirts or dresses during the daytime may well appreciate pantyhose.

Norm.