View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2008, 12:43 PM
Beginner

My husband and I were on the Quest for the Western Med. leaving Rome on May 25 2008.
We loved the ship so much that we've booked the East. Med. for Oct 25th this year.
Service was great, a small ship is the way to go - not waiting for 2700 passengers to disgorge themselves onto the streets of Valletta e.g. We noticed little motion aboard ship, we had a cat. 2A balcony mid ship and the bed, the sheets, the robes, the butler, (Harry) - all was terrific.
I dont' want to say how great it was since the prices have gone up since we cruised - don't want to let the secret out that it's a wonderful line.

In "Discoveries", rear table overlooking stern - v. noisy with engine noise but otherwise, you don't hear anything. Had a wonderful dinner in Aqualina - too much lobster! Order the seafood platter as an appetizer there. Prime C experience was spoiled by a snotty waiter ( the only poor spot of service on the ship). We were happy every night with the fare in Discoveries - sometimes things were a little well done - so if you want ind. service and perfectly cooked meals - use Aqualina or Prime C.

The Sushi is amazing - pops up in Windows every day at 6 p.m and the burgers and lamb souvlaki at the pool grill are super.

We were so busy in each port, ate late, got to know tons of lovely folks - never made it to a show! We would have liked more days at sea to use all the ship's amenities and relax!

It's wonderful that the cruise lectures are rebroadcast on your room tv so you have a great overview with slides of the next day's port.

Loved it - just don't tell anybody.