View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Who has the best or worst food?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS
I'm so glad to hear that someone else has had a good experience on the Carnival cruiseships (the Spirit in particular). We absolutely looooooved sailing on the Spirit. Granted, it was our first cruise, and we have nothing else to compare it to. I also loved the pumpkin soup as well as the escargot. I don't think I ate anything there that I thought was bad. ...Oh, yeah, I thought the chicken caesar salad served at the Pizza area was a bit bland.

Our table of three would each order four different entrees and switch the plates around so we could have a taste of everything. We did the same thing with desserts and appetizers. My mother-in-law actually ordered a second plate of the jumbo shrimp appetizer so she wouldn't have to share. Each evening we finished our meal with a cappuchino doctored up with cocoa that our assistant server would concoct for us. The service was absolutely wonderful.

Carnival Valor has excellent food as well, RC service and food has really declined the past couple of years.

I thought that our next cruise should be on a different ship (so we could eventually compare all the different ships and decide which one was our favorite). But, maybe I should stick with a "good thing". The Carnival Spirit has a great price, lots of balconys, and really good food. (All the things I want in a cruise ship).
Adventure of the seas