View Single Post
Old August 12th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

We just got back and had a smooth rental and return.

We flew into FLL rented a car at the airport at Hertz. I must add the rate we rented for was exceeded in what we were given. The whole rental process was so smooth.

We did sign up online for the hertz #1 club and did everything at their kiosk only in attempt that if they went over their guarantee time we would get $50 off. I think the whole process to about 10 minutes and we were on our way.

We also rented with Hertz because one I found a discount code on http://www.retailmenot.com/coupons/travel and two we were returning the car to the Miami HLE downtown location to take their on demand shuttle to the port.

When we returned the car we had no more than a 10 minute wait for the shuttle. The driver loaded all our luggage unloaded it right there where the porters are to take your luggage. I tipped him $1 per bag. There was 6 of us in our group so 9 bags to load and unload.

We were then picked up again at the port in Miami for a post cruise rental to drive back to the FLL airport. This line was long. We did not do self debark and didn't get a head start on this rental BUT next time we will be doing the self debark. We had two days at 165 and one day 45.00.

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008