View Single Post
Old June 22nd, 2005, 09:34 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Seeking Any Carnival Triumph Info

We sailed on the Triumph out of Charleston, SC to the Bahamas last month. We had selected the early seating and were assigned the Paris dining room (upper level). We had a table for four. The menus in both dining rooms are the same. I think you are assigned a dining room by your seating selection. The food was great with ample sized portions. Our waiter, after the first evening remembered what we liked to drink (water for me, iced tea for DH) and we didn't have to ask for it. We ate most of our evening meals in the dining room and had breakfast there several times as well. For lunches, we ate on the Lido deck...burgers, pizza, buffet, etc.

We had an OV guarantee cabin and were delighted with it. It had ample room to move around in and had lots of storage space (two full closets, one closet with the safe and shelving, drawer space, etc.). The bathroom, while not large was more than adequate with a nice cupboard for storing toiletries. Our steward was great. Our room was clean and well stocked at all times.

DH really enjoyed the shows, while I preferred to relax reading. My favorite spot on the ship was the Oxford bar. It was cozy and comfortable....perfect for curling up with a good book and a nice drink. I really enjoyed the trivia games too.

I found it very easy to get lost on the ship. DH got a map from the purser's desk and that helped a lot!

You will have a great time! Wish I was going with you. :-)