View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Captain

Default Re: Carnival Ecstasy never makes it to Cozumel... AGAIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbasmiles
I just returned from our Cruise (8/14-8/18), and wanted to share that the Carnival Ecstasy never made it to Cozumel. Once again we were forced to go to Progreso, Mexico. The propulsion system wasn't working. This has happened for the 2nd time with my group of (#44) and we are disgusted and insulted by only a $20 credit to their sail & sign card. The last time this occured, they at least gave us $50.

At what point will this boat dry dock & get fixed? I truly believe they are leading consumers on with grossly misleading advertising. The purser's desk would only tell us to call 1-800-Carnival. I submitted a complaint to the BBB, only to see they already have a "F" rating!

Let me hear from you if this happened to your cruise as well.

Thanks
Even though they technically have a right to go to another port (or none at all depending on circumstances), I can truly understand your frustration.

I guess it's a good thing Carnival isn't an airline! Airlines can't exactly wait to fix mechanical things like that without facing huge fines and risk a tragedy. I'll probably take heat for saying it and get a bunch of arm chair explanations why the propulsion system isn't that big of deal from the usual Carnival apologists, but it does make you wonder a bit how well other systems are maintained on board especially ones pertaining to safety.