View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2008, 06:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to chosen175

We stayed at the Days Inn Civic Center before our cruise because they advertised free transport to/from the airport, as well as free transport to/from the pier. We called when we landed, and 90 minutes later, their transportation never arrived, despite several calls to the hotel. We took a cab. Less than 2 hours later, we turned down the lights and turned on the TV to wind down for bed. The room flooded with roaches. I went to the front desk to complain, and the 2 people behind the desk started talking to each other in spanish (not realizing I know spanish), saying we were lying, it wasn't the right time of the year for roaches, and I was only saying that to get my money back after my boyfriend and I had used the room for a few hours. They wouldn't refund my money, and after filing a complaint with the BBB after we got home and a LONG (6 month) fight with them, they sent me a check for $50 and that was the last I heard of them.

We ended up checking out and going to the Hampton Inn Miami Airport West and got there around 1:30AM. The desk clerk was SO NICE and once he heard what happened to us at the Days Inn, he lowered the price of our room to what we paid Days Inn. He also gave us free toothbrushes, combs, toiletries, etc that we had to throw away because roaches had crawled all over them at the Days Inn. He even came outside and helped us shake out all of our clothes & luggage to make sure there were no roaches in there before we went upstairs. I will go back there any time we're in Miami because they were so great!

Lisa

Carnival Valor April 2006
Contemplating a cruise wedding in 2010