View Single Post
Old September 5th, 2008, 05:06 PM
First Mate
Send a message via AIM to richsea

Originally Posted by kryos
I've always wanted to go to Bermuda, but the only ships doing Bermuda out of Philadelphia have been NCL or RCI. I was never that enthusiastic about taking those ships.

HAL bringing a wonderful ship like the Veendam to New York to do these Bermuda runs will mean that I can finally get there. New York is less than a two-hour Amtrak ride for me.

I'm really becoming very distrustful of the airlines with their rampant cost-cutting measures, and I've pretty much decided that after my upcoming cruises later on this month, I want to sail close enough to home that I don't need to fly. This will fit the bill perfectly.

And, in the meantime, maybe I can do something on Cunard out of New York. But no more west coast ... at least not for a while.

Blue skies ...

You will love Bermuda. The beaches are the best & the island is beautiful. We've cruised there 6 times on Celebrity. When they transferred Horizon, & then Zenith, out of the fleet, our Bermuda cruise days ended. RCI 5 days out of Bayonne are too short & RCI is not our type of cruise. NCL is.....well NCL. Although our daughter sailed them after sailing Celebrity & said they were OK for her with small children.

I am really excited about this news. I've always wanted to try Holland America but for whatever reason, never did. This will give us a great opportunity to finally sail with them.