View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2008, 01:32 AM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Dannyboy
Default Re: Claustrophobia and Obstructed View

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwardse
I am claustrophobic and I have a cabin on Crown Princess which is obstructed view. I believe it is room F228. Will I have problems breathing in this room? I have a girlfriend who booked an inside cabin once and she is claustrophobic and she had to sleep with the door open for the whole cruise!!
From a practical and logical point, you would be foolish to compromise your health, as you know, Claustrophobia is typically thought to have two key symptoms: fear of restriction and fear of suffocation. A typical claustrophobic will fear restriction in at least one, if not several, of the following areas: small rooms and locked rooms.
If you run into rough seas, you could go into a panic attact.

You apparently have been isolated before and your breathing was a issue.
I highly suggest you obtain a veranda, you can leave the door open and have fresh air.

If you put yourself in a enviorment that can induce fear, what could happen to you, when confined to an area, claustrophobics begin to fear suffocation, believing that there may be a lack of air in the area to which they are confined. Any combination of the symptoms can lead to severe panic attacks. However, most claustrophobics do everything in their power to avoid these situations.

I suggest you read your health insurance policy with your existing medical provider, you will need contact phone numbers.

A primary travel policy will be advisable, which has evacuation coverage.

Good luck