View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2008, 06:55 PM
First Mate

We sailed the Eastern Caribbean last year and I mailed my daughter a card from every port. A couple made it to her before I got home. The one from Grand Turk took almost 6 months to arrive. She said that was cool though since it showed up completely unexpected and out of the blue.

I was a little stressed at first because it was a nice little hand painted watercolor of island life made and sold by one of the locals. She only charged $1 for it but still to me it was something with a close connection to the Island. She said she was working on a deal to have prints made and sell copies of some of her larger paintings. I’m hoping to go back some day and see if she able to get that going.

Postage was nearly $1 from Grand Turk. San Juan was regular US Mail as was St Thomas. I had to mail the card from Half Moon Cay from the ship since there is no post office there. Regular US postage applies. I don’t think they posted the ships mail until we were back in port. At least that one arrived later than San Juan and St Thomas. It’s possible they made mail drops at the US controlled ports.

Don’t worry too much about the late post card yet. The Caribbean has a pretty laid back attitude and they are not going to get in much of a hurry.

2012 Carnival Destiny
2011 Carnival Splendor
2011 Carnival Pride
2010 Carnival Legend (w/ Hurricane Paula)
2010 Carnival Imagination
2009 Carnival Valor
2008 Carnival Freedom
2008 Carnival Facination
2007 Carnival Triumph
2006 Carnival Miracle
2005 Carnival Victory
2002 Carnival Imagination