Thread: WEIGHT GAIN???
View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Captain

As you can see from my picture I'm a pretty big lady who likes to eat. I love good food and one of my favorite things about vacation is thinking about the places we will eat. Love watching the travel shows on the Food Network. And, if we saw it on the Food Network we put it on a list. And the cruises have wonderful food. So I certainly start thinking about it.

My first 2 cruises were Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose cruises on Carnival. We ate from the regular menue with some additional items we could order that were not on the regular menu. I lost on those cruises and didn't feel deprived. And on the other cruises I've been on I've either stayed the same or lost. I've lost over 100 lbs and want to keep going down. Even if it is slow.

What I love about cruising is eating in the dining room. The dining room makes it easy to eat deliciously and healthy at the same time. Portions are more in controll than at the buffet. They usually have what they call "spa" selections wich are lower in fat or carbs or both.

I can't do the stairs for a couple of reasons ...my knees. But I find I do more walking on the ship than I do in my everyday life.

A few tips I learned on the CTL's are:

*Eat in the dining room as much as possible. It is easier for portion control. Avoid the buffets as much as posssible. But hey they are fun and sometimes they are easy and fast when you are heading out for a shore tour.

* Have your breakfast in the dining room. Take a look at the lunch & dinner menus when you exit. They always post the menu's for the day right outside of the dining room. That way you can plan how you want to eat for the day. Just make a mental note. If there is something at dinner that is a true indulgance then eat a little lighter during the day. More fruit & veggies, salads with lighter dressings.

*Oh and try to go light on the booz :-) I bet you find you won't gain. Enjoy!
7- Sapphire Princess
6-Golden Princess
5-Carnival Paradise
4-Royal Caribbean-Monarch of the Seas
3-Carnival Glory
2-Carnival Spirit-Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
1-Carnival Inspiration - Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose