View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Admiral

Default Re: HELP !! I don't know what cruise line to pick!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewCruiser2008
I will be going on my first cruise in November with a friend...and I do not know which cruise line to pick. Before researching I was only aware of Carnival and RCI. Now I am also interested in the Norwegian fleet..... When I "googled" first time crusing an article came up saying that Norwegian would be good for first timers because of their freestyle way cruising...I am interested in participating in shows, dancing, and maybe some excursions if they are not too expensive....so I would LOVE to hear what everyone's oppinion is for what cruise line to pick for a couple of first timers. Thanks for any
advice!!
Not knowing your age or other info it is hard to say what line you should go on.

My first choice would be Holland America (HAL for short) and then Royal Cariibbean (RCCL or RCI for short).
HAL has tendency to have quieter feel on their ships. The age group is usually older (50+) depends on cruise. Alaska cruises tend to older and Carbbean younger. HAL's activities on board tend to be quiet , not a lot loud music. They have a more classical music playing in different parts of the ship.

RCI has a tendency to be more active on board . They only have fixed seating in the Dining Room.

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess