View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Admiral

1. an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason. I have knowledge that some children are not well behaved. It's first hand experience.
2. any preconceived opinion or feeling, either favorable or unfavorable. Does this mean thinking all children are well behaved make me prejudice also? That is interesting.
3. unreasonable feelings, opinions, or attitudes, esp. of a hostile nature, regarding a racial, religious, or national group. Are children part of a religion and no one told me? Maybe they are a national group. My feelings are reasonable.
4. such attitudes considered collectively: The war against prejudice is never-ending. Nope it's not that either.
5. damage or injury; detriment: a law that operated to the prejudice of the majority. The drinking age is 21 in most states is that a law operated to the prejudice of a majority of childern? Maybe we should work to change that law.

I still don't see your view. The thread was started by someone who was distrubed by a child or children in a public place. No where on this thread is anyone claiming that all children are misbehaving. There are a lot of well behaved children. I don't mind being on an airplane with a well behaved child. However, if the parent is ignoring the child while it runs up and down the aslie being a brat that I don't want to be on a plane with that child. That doesn't make me prejudice it makes me a normal human being.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994