Thread: corking fees
View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiellegray
This is how I was explained it by a couple of different cruise lines as a travel agent....

Some cruise lines allow you to bring your own bottles, however they require you put them on your carry on luggage (Carnival particularly) no liquor is allowed to be brought on but wine is excepted by most. They do charge you a corking fee from there if you call to have them open it. Last time I cruised I forgot to pack my bottle opener in my luggage (Note: not my carry on!) As crazy as it sounds I used a hanger we'd brought on board and rigged an opener just so I didn't have to pay this stupid fee! As a suggestion, put your wine on your carry on and your bottle opener in your check(so to say) luggage! Your going through two different departments (Port security and cruise line security!) they rarely communicate between one another, their is always a small chance of getting caught, but not as likely!
See this is why I don't have a travel agent. Carnival allows one bottle of wine per person over 21 years of age. It's listed in their ticket contract on thier website. All cruise lines have different rules regarding this. As someone else said RCCL doesn't allow any booze of any kind including wine. This is from the Carnival Cruise Line Ticket Contract:
http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_T..._contract.aspx
[i](f) Except as noted below, Guests are prohibited from bringing alcohol on Carnival’s vessels for on board consumption. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests 21 years and older may bring one bottle of wine or champagne per person on board. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should guests wish to consume this wine/champagne in the dining room, or a $14 corkage fee per bottle if consumed in the Supper Club. All alcohol, additional quantities of wine/champagne and excessive non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994