View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by huffca
I like pre paying as much as I can. Never seen a double billing. They used to give you envelopes for gratuities the last night of the cruise. If you prepaid you had coupons to put in the envelopes. And you could add more if you wanted. Now no envelopes. If you don't pre pay Carnival charges the recommended gratuities to your Sign & Sail card. Wich you can adjust as you see fit. And you can leave extra cash too. I have friends who like giving my steward a nice tip at the beginning of the cruise. They say it helps with service through out the cruise. My dad when he was a beer drinker would make friends with the steward and have him get a six pack of beer from the crew bar. He would tip him with 2 of the bottles. Cheaper for him and.
Thanks. I always wondered how the prepaid worked with Carnival. Last year on RCI they still did the envelope on last day thing that you either put cash in or your prepaid voucher...Carnival sounds even easier. I really like the prepay also and then handing them a few extra bucks to say thanks for good service...They definitely derserve it!