View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2008, 09:06 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Is it me or does others think NCL has the worst food?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peninsularoad
We found the food to be very bland, very small portions and more limited on the choices then Royal caribbean and Carnival in the dining room?

Even for breakfast, I ordered hash browns and they were the size of a half dollar!

The appetiser selection was horrible, very limited and very unappealing.

When I got the prime rib, it was sliced paper thin and I mean paper thin.

So, comparing to other cruise lines in the same class like royal caribbean and carnival, what do others think?

On Royal Caribbean and carnival, both were pretty good for the class. I would rate the dining room food a notch better on royal carribbean and the buffet, pizza, ect... a bit better on carnival.

Entertainment was about the same on all 3 cruises, but i found the people on Royal and carnival much more social and friendly.

I'd love to hear your opionon if you have any to compare.

I will never take another cruise on NCL.
food is so subjective and by the way, is there a reason for posting pretty much the same thing on 2 threads, just curious.. When did you cruise NCL and what ship? Though I do not think the food is gourmet in the main dining rooms I happen to think the worst food we have had is on RCI, that is why I say food is subjective. We have had prime rib many times and it has never been paper thin. Normally posters are happy with the appitizer choices. NCL is also noted for their great soups, and breads, maybe you don't eat either.

No, I, for one do not think their food is the worst, I do think HAL does a better job, I think Princess has better entrees, but their salad choices and breakfasts, including dining room and buffet are the worst.

Nita