Thread: corking fees
View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2008, 04:20 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayvidB
Okay katlady I will go with your expertise on this, and it could have a bearing on which line or ship I sail on next as it sounds a great deal.

Are you saying as over 21 I can take or buy booze bought ashore and take it on ship on all lines to drink?

This is an open thread regarding lines and ships policy, so when you quote

"It's the ship policy to allow one bottle of wine per person over 21"

Are you saying thats on all lines, if so amazed and a major change of policy for a lot of them I have been on. As I have seen all booze confiscated when boarding ship, to be returned only when you leave said ship. I cant be the only person to have seen this on numerous occassions and lines, oh and if my memory serves me right, I can quote Cunard and NCL to start with.

A lot of newbies read this board for advice, so could you clarify the lines and ships this practice is seen as acceptable on?
Okay here is an article written by Paul Motter 9/7/07. There are quite a few cruiselines that allow a bottle of wine to be taken on board. I hope this clears up your confusion. Please remember this is only wine and champagne only not hard liquor or beer. This could be why you saw booze being confiscated when boarding the ship. To all the newbies reading this please consult you cruise line for the current policies as they are subject to change and are different from cruise line to cruise line.
http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...ies-090707.cfm

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994