View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Passenger

I just wanted to mention that I have cruised with Costa two times now and it's been fine. The one thing that people do complain about is the fact that all announcements are given in five languages and English is the last one. Every crew member speaks English and you will find when you go into the dinning room for a open meal such as lunch, they will ask what language you speak and sit you with those who speak the same. Of course this is what they do a dinner too. My first cruise was out of Rome and there were alot of Italians on board and they definitely do not understand what a "que" is, I thought it was funny but the English on board did not see the humor. My next cruise was last April from FLL to Geno and it was 17 days long, we were happy to be done with the cruise, the crew and ship was great, it turned out there were only 100 English speakers on a full (Big) ship.....
I hope you have a wonderful time, I love cruising the Med.
My husband and I are taking another transatlantic voyage from Venice on Oct 23 on Holland American, I have never been on one of their ships before. Reviews were not that great but the cost with air was just too good to pass up!