View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by hombre
AND SWEET DREAMS TO YOU. I'VE NOT BEEN ON THIS PARTICULAR CRUISE, BUT ON TWO HAWAI'I TRIPS FROM SAN DIEGO. BOTH GREAT.
BUT, I WANT TO ASK. AT AKAKA FALLS, THE ROUTE WAS DOWN TO THE FALLS, NOT UP, THEN UP TO THE PARKING LOT; DID YOU GET THIS BACKWARDS? AND ARE YOU SURE THE OTHER SHIP IN MAUI WAS NOT THE ZAANDAM? AND ARE YOU SURE YOU MEANT THAI CUISINE, NOT THGH? WE LOVE YOU AND YOUR LOGS, BUT YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK THAT YOUR MESSAGES REFLECT YOUR PRETENSE TO BE A WRITER MORE THAN JUST A VOYAGER. TIGH CUISINE? LET ME KNOW WHAT IT IS LIKE.
Sorry about the misspelling of Thai. The problem here is that I am working on an antiquated version of Word that does not have a spell checker. To look up all the spellings that I would normally check at home would simply take too much time. Internet access is quite expensive onboard, so I am trying to make the most of the time I have available.

As for the Falls, the way the steps winded around, some were actually up. There were quite a few to get to the falls, and then two options for getting back -- making a circular trip which was the more difficult route, or backtracking the way we came. Our guide told us that backtracking was the easier of the two routes. Personally, I think the easier route would have been the one I took the next day in Kona -- viewing the falls from the comfort of a helicopter!

As for the ship, we were told it was -- I believe -- the Volendam. Again, going back to check this will use valuable internet time. If I were at home, I would have carefully checked these facts by checking some other websites. Holland America offers free access on their website, but the speed is incredibly slow. I'll be happy to check this fact once I get home.

I am just trying to present a report here that will give people a flavor for what it is like to take a longer cruise that has lots of days at sea, along with some interesting ports. I guess maybe I am trying to write these posts as a voyager, because that is how I perceive many people are reading them. When I want to write like a "writer," I do special articles.

I am thoroughly enjoying writing entries to this blog, and reading the entries others make. I hope you are enjoying it as well.

Blue skies and wonderful travels!

--rita