View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Admiral

Default "Twofer"

Another interesting tidbit.

As you may know, I usually purchase cocktail cards prior to my cruises. These cards are good for ten signature cocktails at a rate of approximately $1.00 cheaper per cocktail. However, HAL has started something new which actually makes it cheaper to pay full price for drinks.

HAL is now having “Happy Hour” in the lounges. Signature Cocktails are 2 for 1 for an hour each day. However, you can’t use your cocktail card, having to pay full price for your first cocktail, and getting the second one free. Both cocktails must be the same.

It’s a great deal as long as you can drink two cocktails (no problem!) or you and your traveling companion like the same drink.

HAL started these “happy hours” about mid-way through the cruise, and they seem to be going over very well. The lounges are packed during the happy hours, which times differ for each lounge. For example, in the Ocean Bar happy hour is usually between 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. In the Crow’s Nest it is between 9:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. A new development, a “non-smoking happy hour,” has been instituted for the piano bar between 6:30 and 7:30 p.m.

The way it’s been working out for me is that I’m paying about $7.32 (with gratuity) for a tropical cable car and getting two. I usually go to the Ocean Bar’s happy hour on a daily basis. With the cocktail card, during regular hours, I would be spending approximately $6.00 per cocktail. So, it is easy to see why these Happy Hour events have been so popular. I know the Ocean Bar has been packed between 4:00 and 5:00 p.m., and while I haven’t attended too many in the Crow’s Nest, I hear it is mobbed up there too during their Happy Hour promotions.

Just thought you’d want to know – drinking onboard just got a bit cheaper – and that’s always a good thing.