View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2008, 01:06 PM
Captain

Default GLBT "Friendliest" Cruise Line?

Hey Cruisers:

I am interested in your feedback on your preferred cruise line (and why)...particularly would like to hear from women and men who have sailed more than one cruise line.

For example, I have sailed on Carnival and Celebrity only. My first cruise was on Carnival and although it was OK, I didn't feel comfortable at my dinner table. I remember asking the Restaurant Manager for a table for two. I met other Gay and Lesbian couples on that Carnival sailing, but for some reason, there were no FOD meetings. I can't really say it's a "fair" analysis though as it was only a 1-week cruise.

For the past several years I have only sailed on Celebrity (most of their vessels). Every cruise has had FOD meetings. I have met many new friends on the Celebrity cruises and only on ONE cruise felt there wasn't a lot of tolerance (happened to be a 12 night cruise on the Mercury to Mexico).

On Celebrity, the staff treats me and my partner really special...when it's our anniverary or birthday or any reason to celebrate, they seem to go out of their way to make our stay with them as comfortable and hospitable as they can. We're from California and may be more used to others respecting our sexuality, but their genuine kindness for two gay men amazes me sometimes. This may sound strange, but on the past three cruises, we found our neighbors to be gay and lesbian!! We were not on a chartered cruise or with a tour group either. Anyhow, it helped us feel more at home and "comfortable".

I have found it very easy to find and enjoy the company of other "straight" passengers on Celebrity, this may be a gross generalization, but there seems to be a lot of "tolerance" and open-mindedness with those passengers...of course not eveyrone is, but as the saying goes, "Some will-some won't-so what".

If you have some time, please post your preferred cruise line. Thanks and look forward to hearing from you all!
Sponsored Links