View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Beginner

Default Re: HOW DO YOU COPE WITH A 10 HOUR FLIGHT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliemccoy

So I finally got our flight times for our upcoming NCL WIND cruise in NOV. and aside from the anticipation and excitment of counting down the days to go, I'm faced with a new emotion of shock.

We are on the east coast and facing a 10 hour flight from ATL to HNL. Longest I've flown is 4-5 hrs.

ANYONE whose made the trip to HNL or elsewhere, how do you make it through????

Day dreaming about my cruise may get me through some of it but the cramped space and close proximity to other restless ppl is intimidating.

So...my dear, I just turned from the most wonderful cruise I ever made (in fact it was the only one till now, but sure not the last one!).I was in Hawaii (from Honolulu to Mexico).
You make me smile...Are you scare about your 10 hours flight??? I FLEW FOR THIS CRUISE ABOUT 19 HOURS, BY 3 AIRCRAFTS, AND MY TRAVEL WAS 26 HOURS FROM MY COUNTRY TO HONOLULU!!! and...above all these...I WAS ALONE! JUST ME,MYSELF & I!
But, of course... when you have some facilities...everything is more easy.
I recomand you to make the check-in on-line (if you have this possibbilieties).I flew with KLM and AIRFRANCE and they have this options.If you make check-in on-line, you can get the best seats in the plane (in fact, you choose the seat you want).This option is open with 24 hours before the time of flight.Check if the company edited your ticket offers this facility.
Ah...by the way...when I came back ...I was very lucky! The plane was not so full and I told operator I'm very tired, and he was very sweet and nice and blocked for me an entiry row with 4 seats!!! I slept like a queen!

Good luck!

ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO HAVE A GOOD FLIGHT?????