View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2005, 06:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Corner Aft Cabins

Cheryl C.

Valor and Destiny are "very similar" to Triumph in the aft corner staterooms - decks 6-8. I'm personally familar with both Verandah and Empress category 9A - specifically #7422 (my preference) and #8428 Carnival Triumph.

My preference is Empress deck 7 #7422:
1st. you are NOT directly beneath the aft pool area, 2nd. you are NOT directly ABOVE the dining room. , 3rd. it is a slightly larger room than deck 8 #8448 (which is a true queen - not 2 twins pushed together)

You are correct about having the best views on the ship: Imagine you are on Valor deck 6 #6452, using the hour positions on a clock - with the bow at 12 o'clock you can see from there, counter clockwise, fully around to about the 4 or 5 o'clock position. Opposite corner would be clockwise from 12 to 7 or 8.

I might consider the Verandah deck 8 #8448 or #8455 since deck 6 has a lounge which could have music going early amEmpress deck 7 appears to have a somewhat narrower balcony - and no section facing directly astern. Small point but all part of the package.

We are on the Miracle in March. It's our 30th anniversary and the couple that stood up with us are going to be in the opposite corner stateroom - so whoever has the best port view or best sun - will host the party in their cabin.)

You'll enjoy,
Willy