View Single Post
Old November 2nd, 2008, 11:01 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: Yellow Fever Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by quahog03
Hi,
I'm hoping to sail on Royal Princess on 12/09/08. The ship stops at French Giana. I've been told I need a yellow fever shot.
Thanking you for any help,
Ed Klek
Here is the quote from the U.S. State Department website: http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_p.../cis_1124.html

ENTRY/EXIT REQUIREMENTS: A passport and visa are required, as is evidence of a yellow fever vaccination. Travelers should obtain the latest information and details from the Embassy of Ghana, 3512 International Drive NW, Washington, DC 20008; telephone (202) 686-4520. Consular services are also available at the Ghana Permanent Mission to the UN at 19 East 47th Street, New York, NY 10017, telephone (212) 832-1300, and the Honorary Consulate of Ghana, 3434 Locke Lane, Houston, TX, telephone (713) 960-8806. Overseas, inquiries should be made at the nearest Ghanaian embassy or consulate. Visit the Embassy of Ghana web site at www.ghanaembassy.org for the most current visa information.

Based on this, the answer is yes, you need a yellow fever shot. Visit your doctor.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me