View Single Post
Old November 3rd, 2008, 08:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

The problem is when there is a hurricane in the area and several ships are affected, all hell breaks loose and problems arise. The ship depends on head office to get info, and if they are trying to sort out several problems at the same time, some things get overlooked.

I was on the Liberty when Ike rerouted us, for the most part, everything went well, but we had some small snafu's and problems. Mostly weather and the entertainment staff had to be quick and reschedule the activities for the cruise. Usually port days have some activities, we had practically no activities if you stayed on the ship. Not to worry, I went ashore each port and spent the least time on shore in Cozumel (less than 2 hours).

Needless to say it was the cheapest cruise I went on as far as excursions went--two ports out of the four were cancelled (GC at departure time since the ship was to leave at 1 and not 4pm)

One word of advice--don't cruise during hurricane season if you don't want any problems at all with potential tropical storms!!! I'll stillgo, but I won't hold myu hopes up for the ports until the day before sailing!!!

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....