View Single Post
Old July 31st, 2005, 10:58 PM
patticake

Default REMEMBER ME, FAMILY OF 11 ON VICTORY JULY 17TH(SHORT REVIEW)

WELL , WHERE DO I START? the ship was wonderful, crew wonderful, food fantastic, balcony cabin, loved it, loved our room steward, shows great, dana hodson, so funny and on and on.

however, we had some disappointments and i cannot move forward from them. we planned this trip for two ;years and our kids and grandkids were so excited to go. they all had a wondrful time and no complaints about anything on the ship.

OUR ITINERARY GOT TOTALLY SCREWED UP BECAUSE OF ;HURRICANE EMILY. THE ONLY WEEK OUT OF THE ENTIRE SUMMER IN THE WESTERN CARRIBEAN AND IT IS THE ONE WE PICKED TO GO. I COULD JUST SCREAM I AM SO MAD ABOUT THIS.

we left on sunday july 17 o;ut of miami and emily was moving through cayman, jamaica, and hit cozumel on monday, so carnival decided to(instead of going cozumel, cauyman, jamaica,) to go jamaica, cayman, cozumel. instead of ocho rios jamaica, we docked in montego bay( two hour drive to ocho rios and dunns river falls, so we totally missed the falls. did we want to take five kids in our group on a two ;hour bus ride and back to falls, no thank you. plus we were going to just take a taxi to the falls and come back to ship.THIS WAS A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT FOR THE WHOLE GROUP.

we went to doctors cave beach in montego bay and it was beautiful and we had a good day swimming and snorkeling, but we missed the falls and the kids really were looking forward to it.

cayman islands , we docked different day so our excursion which had been booked for six months was cut short by an hour because the other six ships docked that day got first choice on excursions already planned.. tenders could not handle all of ;the ships in port, we werevery late for our cut short excursion and almost did not make it. we did get to see the sting rays and swim with them and snorkel at one stop. THANK THE LORD, AS I DO NOT KNOW HOW I WOULD HAVE EXPLAINED THIS TO THE KIDS IF WE HAD NOT GOTTEN TO THE SANDBAR. IT WAS A NIGHT MARE IN GEORGETOWN, ACTUALLY A MOB SCENE WITH PEOPLE TRYING TO GET OFF AND ON SIX SHIPS DOCKED OUT IN THE WATER FROM FOUR DIFFERENT CRUISE LINES ON THE SAME DAY BECAUSE OF THE HURRICANE. LINES OF PEOPLE UP AND DOWN THE TOWN WAITING TO GET BACK ON SHIPS.

last by not least, we arrive in cozumel on friday morning and it is pouring down rain all day long. our plan there was to spend the day at chankanaab national park, swimming , snorkeling, eating mexican food, going on the jungle trail, looking at iguanas. WELL FORGET THAT, AS CHANKANAAB WAS DAMAGED BY THE HURRICANE AND WAS CLOSED, CLOSED, CLOSED. as we walked in the rain to the shopping center, a little mexican man approached us and said he would give a half price snorkeling excursion for the eleven of us in his little glass bottom boat to two reefs. it stopped raining but was gray and for two ;hours he transported us to two snorkel stops. that was pretty great and all of the kids had a wonderful time.

as we all got backin the boat and were sitting there, my granddaughter looked at my husband and i and said, grandma, "this has been the best vacation in the whole world"

i think i, grandma am more upset about the itinerary changes than anybody. i am still very disappointed about dunns river falls and chankanaab. please no one tell me to get a grip, as i am working on it myself slowly.
Sponsored Links