Thread: Malaga, Spain
View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Admiral

Malaga, Spain is where Pablo Picasso was born. There is a museum walking distance from where the shuttle drops you off. It's a super long pier so a shuttle drops you off near the front.

If I were to do it again I would not book a shore excursion and instead head to the museum then people watch from a cafe and of course buy my scarf. I got a real pretty one in Malaga. Here is a link to the museum website.
http://www.museopicassomalaga.org/

We booked the Nerja caves, it was a disappointment. The Carnival cruise description says, "Learn that it is estimated the caves were inhabited between 20,000 BC and 1,800 BC and in its interior, you will find prehistoric paintings of animals and human figures and tools used during this time. " We never saw these paintings and when my hubby asked about it we learned they were way out high in the caves where tours don't go. It's a long drive to Nerja Caves and the tour guide was a soft talker it made him hard to hear. I have perfect hearing and my dad was born in Portugal so the Spanish accent was not a problem for me.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994