Originally Posted by beflynow
1) We disembarked on Sun. Dec. 7.
2) Customs did not have enough staff show up.
3) NCL should have held passengers in waiting areas on the ship until the line started moving. They were very disorganized.
4) Cruisemates does not require all the info you desired about me personally, but since you asked, this is our 12th cruise and first posting on this site. We thought we were performing a service warning others to be aware. If NCL can't get you to the Customs counter in less than three hours, then you may desire to consider alternatives.
5) We know many in our section missed their flights because they had departures at 1:30 and 2:00 but were still standing in line at 12:30 trying to get to the customs counter. My wife and I were driving since you asked, if that detail was relevant to consider our posting "serious" in your opinion. We live in La.
6) If you or anyone else needs any further information, my address is:
7) Many elderly were having problems: No chairs or restrooms in the terminal hallways. Some elderly finally just sit on the concrete floor.
So, I'm not sure if all of the above info meets your "serious" threshold, but that is what happened to us and we hope it does not happen to others.
Will, that is why I asked which sailing;; We were on the same one and from what I have been told, this was an exception, not the rule.
The week before there were no problems. On the 7th we had peole inour group of about 20 that missed their plane (actually one person) but it did happen. It was a disaster, I agree but I still don't know what NCL could have done. There is only one way off the ship.
I am sorry I got so snotty with you, of course no one is required to list anything about themselves and it is none of my business, I just hate to see someone think something like this is a problem at NOLA all the time. Yes, we were told many did not show up for work.. if it continues that would be a whole different story.
Kuki, I think express disembarkation was fine at the beginning, but agree it has caused more problems than it has solved:
Shoreguy, in this case, you wouldn't believe how many people paid no attention to their color tags and how many gathered in the atrium area. The captain did request people be patient as the ship had not been cleared, he asked that we wait til our color was called, this was about 8am or a litttle later. Of course if your cabin door was closed and your TV not on the ship channel you would not have heard this.
The good news, just read 2 reports (2 other threads) yesterdays debarkation went very smoothly. It does sound like Dec 7th was an exception..