View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Familiar Face

Thank you for the info! I'm aware that it's an older ship. I thought that since it's my first trip, I would think it's fabulous and future cruises would be even better. Haha.

Thanks for the info on Celebrity. I arranged a Panama Canal sailing on Celebrity for my parents' 50th anniversary a decade ago. They were upgraded to a suite and had a wonderful time. We plan to be heading back west this summer but I'll keep the 2010+ sailings in mind if we're still in Charleston in a year or two.

Since you're familiar with the area, have you had experiences with driving to cruise ports in Florida? How big of a hassle is it to park a car? Is it safe? Expensive? Do you have any suggestions for other departure points/low-cost cruises from nearby ports? I looked at a few from Jacksonville and Port Canaveral. The best deals seems to be from Miami. We can go any time with a months notice, but sailing over my anniversary (or my parents' anniversary the second week of March) would be ideal. I wonder if I should look into a few other short-notice possibilities.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE!!!
Ann