View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Familiar Face

Default Re: SENIOR CITIZENS ONBOARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEN
My family and I have been on at least a dozen cruise ships. But we have yet to experience the Holland America line. Going on the basis that the whole theme of the cruise is more for the older crowd and does not cater to younger families. Please give me some input if I am incorrect as we plan to make our decision in the next few weeks.
Deen,
First thing I would do is hop over the 'Net to the HAL site and check out the info on all the non adult programs. Yes, it is PR, but it is a statement about what is available. Since you and your family are experienced cruisers you should be able to divine the facts from the website.
You don't state the demographics of your children, but from experience I can tell you that the HAL Teens and under program(s) are well run. The truth of the "over fed, newlywed and nearly dead" does not apply to the so called short cruises, 7 - 10 days, on the Vista class ships, ie Noordam, Osterdam, Westerdam and Zuiderdam. On longer voyages there is an older demographic. As for your age group, again you didn't specify, as experienced cruisers I think you will find HAL a "refined, fun cruise ship". Whatever your decision, enjoy your cruise and keep asking questions!