View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Djcarolina
Default Onboard Review- Grandeur of the Seas UPDATED 1/18 6PM

Well, either my expectations were too high or this is really turning out to be my worst experience at sea yet. The ship itsself is pretty decent. The food in the Windjammer and at the Carnival-style poolside grill is EXCELLENT but the food in the dining room left a lot to be desired. On the other hand, the solarium on this ship is the nicest and quietest of any ship i've ever been on and i'm thoroughly enjoying it. The cabin is ok but as with most RCI ships doesn't get very cool. The weather so far has "sucked" by most people's standards being that it's been mid-60s and cloudy so far to date. Personally, i'm ok with it. Last night we did get to go under a cable-suspension bridge somewhere in the channel and it was AMAZING since i happened to be on the open deck on the top when it happened and one of the antenna's cleared it by like less than a foot!

One weird thing they did on this ship is they changed the time last night. At 3:00am ships time fell back an hour to 2:00am, which makes no sense to me since all our ports are in the EST time zone.....i don't get it.

The cruise director is an idiot and the captain is weird. I'll try to tape some of his announcements. He's from Jersey USA but he speaks like...broken 3 words...pause...3 more words....pause but in perfect english!?!?!

The teen club is the biggest disappointment to me. For the first time in my cruise history i haven't met a single person, in the club, around the ship anything. The club itsself is dated but has a decent sound and light system that COULD make for some awesome evenings but i don't see that happening on this cruise. Its 6:22 EST 5:22 Ship time on day 2 and so far not a single person at any teen activity, on the pool decks or anything. Its weird. I did find that theres a large group of teens onboard, nearly 200 in the 15-17 group but in retrospect theres also a large group onboard with the Autism on the Seas program, which if u don't know what that is, its a special program for families with autistic members to cruise with special crew and such to watch after them and this ship has about 100 teens in it...which sucks...but i still dont know where all the people i saw yesterday before we sailed went or where the other 100 teens are. Right now i just can't wait to get home and i'm pissed that my last cruise as a teen is the worst of my career.

Thoughts Comments Etc. Welcomed Below I'll Check Back Periodically

Oasis of the Seas
Allure of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Brilliance of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Monarch of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas