View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2009, 01:48 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Missing on-board credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bermuda Triangle
My wife and I booked a Holland-America cruise through SmartCruiser and part of the deal was a bonus $50 each on-board credit. (We were offered the same price through our usual agent - Vacations to Go - but they couldn't match the bonus so we went with SmartCruiser for the first time.)

When we received our on-board account near the end of the cruise there was no sign of the credit, so I asked at Front Desk and HAL confirmed that they had not received anything for us from SmartCruiser.

On arriving home I contacted SmartCruiser and was told that their accounting office will investigate and reply to me. That was over a week ago, and I am wondering if this is a scam. How long can it take to check that something wasn't paid?

I have two questions:
1) have you heard of this happening often?
2) is there a Federal or State agency to whom I can complain?

Thank you.
We had almost the same thing a few years back-- different cruise line and different agent they offered two items my TA could not match, one item we never got and the other took months to get with a lot of phone calls. The cruise line had nothing to do with this so we never talked with them. Good deals with freebe's are not always the best. It's back to our TA and will never use the little "Nome" again.