View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2009, 02:08 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by richstacy
Suffice it to say, I didn't malign Carnival (which we have never cruised, because they DO in fact cater to a younger more boisterous crowd, check out the TV ads) nearly as badly as you maligned Princess.

To each his own Marty. Happy future cruising.
Here is one thing I agree with. I think is true is that each cruise line caters to a different type of cruiser. If you pick the wrong line it won't suit you.

I would not cruise Disney and I don't need to cruise it to know it caters to families with young children. This is the wrong line for me. However, I did cruise Celebrity and it catered to an older (senior level) crowd and the cruise experience was centered on relaxing and shopping. Carnival is more focused and activities and parties (they had two deck parties on my last cruise). This style suits me more then Celebrity so I won't cruise Celebrity again.

However, that said my hubby and I never encountered the type of boorish conduct complained of by the original poster (OP). We have taken many cruises on Carnival. It's just bad luck for the OP that they were stuck with these people next to them.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994