View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2009, 10:15 AM
Admiral

Since we travel with kids and we generally extend trips out longer than just getting to and from the cruise, we really like the convenience of laundries on the ship. I always use the laundry if the ship has one.

Our last cruise was a western Med. and we were gone over two weeks. We paid well over $100 extra to have essentials washed while on board, since there was no laundry onboard. I don't have any regrets, since this cruise was very port intensive and had no sea days, it was money well spent. But on our North American cruises, I intend to spend a little time doing research to find a laundry to drop of our clothes at in port, and then pick them up as we return to the ship. I refuse to pack that much stuff when you have to fly. It is just too hard to handle 2 kids and all that luggage.
I think this is not that big of a deal (but I wish they still had the laundry), you just need to plan ahead and find alternative arrangements. I kind of feel like it would be nicer to just drop my laundry off at a local laundry in port, while I get to go relax at the beach then go pick it up on the way back. I don't mind that too much...but don't tell NCL that .

Read and post cruise reviews