Posting this here just in case some of the folks in the group have missed visiting the Blog2NOLA message boards.
The plans for the blogger's cruise events are far from firm.. but we knew that didn't we
But I can share some things that are "on the agenda"..... John is planning a lot of other events for the entire bloggers group
For those in the CruiseMates group
FEB 6 - 7:00 PM - PRE-CRUISE
- CruiseMates Dinner - Mulates in NOLA for those who want to attend
Boarding the SHIP
- We will have a CruiseMates hospitality desk available
on boarding day - LIDO DECK /Port Side Noon to 3 PM -
, where you'll be able to pick up your CM give-a-ways, including CruiseMates name tags, neck wallets, and cabin door magnets, and a schedule of all activities... including CruiseMates and Carnival's.
- That same evening, Feb.7, [beginning at 10 P.M. we'll have our initial event... the CruiseMates PJ Party, meeting in the Piano Bar. We'll make it like the old college prank.... see how many Crui
seMates in PJs we can fit in the phone booth - known as the Piano Bar. John has promised he'll be there to help judge for the best PJs, and suppl a Luxury Prize Package for the most outrageous PJs. He, Stephanie, myself and a couple of celebrity guests will judge the PJ contest.
- We'll also be having a contest or draw (details to follow) for those in the CruiseMates group to dine at the Captain's Table with John. There will be at least a couple of nights available for this during the cruise, so there'll be more than one winner.
FEB 8 -1 PM at the aft Waterworks - CruiseMates Slide Races
- with prizes. Though the rules of what, why and how sliders win will have more twists and turns than the slides.
FEB 9 - 2 PM -3PM Pool Party and MINI GOLF - Progresso
---- for those who've arrived back onboard early
Feb. 11 - The "Arrrgh uably" Best Pirate Cocktail Party at Sea - Forum Lounge , 4 PM to 5 PM-
This will be our Complimentary CruiseMates Cocktail Party
.. but to set it apart, we'll ask you all show up as pirates. With airline weight restrictions we don't require full costumes (though they are allowed), but you just have to concentrate on the area above your torso. The best pirates will earn a SPECIAL reward! (Hint: the kids club does great pirate faces) -
The CruiseMates Animals FOR Heidi Event
- Please bring SIGNS (make them onboard if you like) or bring them with... make them reading WE WANT HEIDI! or WE LOVE HEIDI! or WE PREFER HEIDI TO JOHN!! - you get the idea..be creative.
- Time and place for this will also be announced.
Earlier I had thought everyone who wanted to could bring gifts for Heidi and the "thingy" (baby). But that might create some shipping problems to get things to England.
Instead I thought we'd get Heidi an Am Ex Gift Card ( in English Pounds) from the entire CruiseMates group, with which she can purchase a crib, or whatever she might like for the baby, which will always remind her of the CruiseMates gang.
Participation in the gift in strictly voluntary... but if you'd like to be a part of it --- when you pick up your goodies at the Hospitality Desk you can make your contribution then. I'm suggesting a contribution of $10 PER CABIN... but whatever you feel comfortable with is fine. When you contribute, you can also sign a banner which we'll present to John & Heidi along with the gift card.
- TBA -for time place