View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2009, 05:53 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Thanks, Karen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sailors
Unfortunately, our plane arrives in Seattle on Wednesday at 7:20 pm. From what I can see, no ferries run at a late enough time for us to make one to get to the island that evening. If we stay in Seattle Wednesday night, then get 1 of those ferries to VCI first thing Thursday is there any way to confirm a reservation? From what I've looked at on the ferry schedules, if you wait until the day of to book your crossing, it's "first come,first serve". Also, do either of these ferries from Seattle allow for vehicles, or are they foot passengers only? That's why we were thinking of getting close to Vancouver and taking the Tsawwassen both ways? We had wanted to stay on VCI Thrusday night but are worried that if there is bad weather, the ferry won't make the run on Friday morning and we'd miss our sailing! I was SO disappointed about that because I found a wonderful hotel on VCi where I would have loved to stay. Any other suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate.
The ferry from Tsawassen to Victoria takes reservations. Reservations should be done about 72 hrs before . They close reservations about before sailing or the ferry is expected to be full.

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess