View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default CruiseMates Pre-Cruise Dinner in NOLA - Mulates

We had made reservations in advance for some of the CruiseMates gang to meet for dinner (and perhaps a few drinks) at Mulates. It's on Julia across the street from RiverWalk.

Mrs. Kuki and I are staying at Harrah's, which is just a few blocks from Mulates, so we passed on the cocktail reception for those who volunteered with Beacon of Hope today... because it was being held at Maison St. Charles, which was about a 20- 25 minute walk each way, and we were feeling a bit lazy.

The CruiseMates who did attend said the reception was really well done.

At 7 PM the cruisemates began gathering at Mulates, and we had a GREAT time.... and here's some pictures of the group to prove it

Beenie-- with the family (mom, kids, hubby and dad)

Beenie's sister, and Ready2gonow (Darlene hiding, and her hubby Don standing) with April and husband Mike in the background.

Mel, Tommy and "the kids"

Crazysis, Patty, TC in foreground

LindaG and Guerry, Frank, Snoozeman

Liz&Phil, Carole & Travelmike, Scurvy Dog and Kay hiding, and Mrs.Kuki

Readytogonow (Darlene) IS

TC and Bill Weissorn (who is a Cajun & Zydeco dance instructor) and BOY could he dance. He took quite a number of the cruisemates ladies for a spin on the dance floor. Bill dances with them, then gives each one his business card.

After dinner a bunch were headed to Cafe du Monde for coffee and bignets, of course!! But I must be getting old!! After another long day, we just came back to the hotel to repack, and get to sleep. I'm trying to have some gas in the tank when the other 100 cruisemates join us tomorrow

This cruise is off to ONE HECK of a start... and we haven't even boarded yet!
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/